Now, Kevin manages a team of folks testing a Test Automation Tool Suite for a global software vendor. He knows his way around testing. And he knows a bug when it hits him in the inbox.
Imagine receiving an email with a Subject line that starts off with <ERROR>.
Would you think:
- Gee, why do they have me confused with this ERROR guy?
- That's just American Airlines doing what they do best.
- It would be an Error to look at this mail.
- Perhaps they should have tested more.
- In what language does "Error" mean "Hello"?
- Must be a bug in Vista.
- Did they crowd-source the testing of this email campaign?
- Hmm, maybe I should Google the <ERROR> HTML tag.
- If I read this email using Chrome, will it still say Error?
- I gotta get me some of those low-cost ERRORs while I still can.
- Those wacky, wacky marketers are drunk again!