Not a GM Product
Recently General Motors recalled over 370,000 full-size pickup trucks due to a software problem that appears to have already caused 11 fires: copyrightjoestrazzere
- Affects 2014 Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras
- Could lead to overheating, potentially leading to engine compartment fire
- GM has reports of 11 fires related to this bug
- Until it is fixed, owners are advised not to let the truck idle
- Problem uncovered in part because the recent extreme cold led to more idling
- The 2014 Silverado is one of three finalists for North American Truck of the Year
Perhaps GM was idling too much, when they could have tested more.
This article originally appeared in my blog: All Things Quality
|My name is Joe Strazzere and I'm currently a Director of Quality Assurance.
I like to lead, to test, and occasionally to write about leading and testing.
Find me at http://AllThingsQuality.com/.